There are not enough reasons why you should keep content that is not performing well on your website. But whatever decision you make, it has to be wisely made because it will impact your traffic, ranking, engagement, etc. There are several reasons why a content piece fails. Some of them are:
- The content quality is low.
- The article has black hat strategies applied to it.
- The topic is irrelevant to the reader.
- The niche is too competitive, but the piece lacks content and so failed to attract users.
Now, let us look at what you can do with the content that is not performing well on your site.
- You can deindex the particular content piece to not show up in search engine results yet will be available for users looking for it.
- You can delete the content you consider is not bringing much traffic to your site and does not convey anything valuable to the readers.
- If you have decided that you are deleting a specific content piece, it will be best to redirect its URL towards something worthwhile because otherwise, it will lead to a 404 error which is not good for your site.
Hence, just follow any of the above steps and you are good to go. Happy Blogging!