Online reputation management can seem daunting and intimidating because there are so many websites and social media platforms where your business can be mentioned. It is very difficult to police all of those mentions at the same time. Here are some great strategies which you can use for effective ORM.
- Answer customer doubts promptly: The best way to do ORM is so mitigate negative reviews before they even occur. You can do this by being very responsive on social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. 83% of customers like it when brands respond to their social media comments.
- Address negativity in an empathetic way: It might seem tempting to ignore negative reviews and only focus on the positive ones. However, it is important to know that you would be making things worse by ignoring unhappy customers. Addressing negative feedback empathetically is extremely important for effective ORM.
- Try to be transparent about your mistakes: It is also very important to be transparent and truthful about any mistakes that you might have committed. If you are being scrutinized for a real or perceived mistake, it is always better to apologize. By apologizing, you will diffuse a tense situation.
- Monitor your search results continuously: For effective ORM, it is very important to constantly stay on top of your brand’s search results on mainstream search engines like Google and Bing. SEO techniques can be used to maximize positive content and minimize negative content. Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews.
- Automate your ORM process: ORM can seem daunting because of the sheer volume of social media platforms and websites. You can take care of this problem by automating the entire ORM process. This can be done with the help of elementary monitoring tools such as Google Alerts.
With the help of these strategies, you can manage your brand’s online reputation in an effective way.