Your online reputation is very important and absolutely cannot be ignored. It is basically how a person will perceive your business when they look you up online. Online Reputation Management is a practice that aims to influence and improve the quality of the information that such people receive. They can help you to suppress harmful content. This is very important as the first 5 results get 67% of the clicks. Here are 6 crucial points you can focus on and improve.
- Set an online reputation goal: You need to set an online reputation goal first. Do you want your content to be perceived as an authority of all matters within the industry or do you want to suppress harmful content?
- Objectively assess your current performance: This is a vital and difficult part of the ORM process. You will have to sit down and assess your current performance in an objective manner. This will help you to strategize more effectively. Develop a social media strategy: All brands and businesses have started to establish an active presence of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Developing a consistent social media strategy will guide engagement and support your reputation goals.
- Use social media analytics to strategize: It’s very important to come up with a persona that is consistent across all platforms. A brand that has managed to do very well on this front is Wendy’s, an American fast-food chain.
- Enhance reputation with blog posts: It is very important to consistently come up with good quality content that will provide viewers and users with good value. This is actually the most important aspect of curating a high organic ranking.
- Actively manage your online reputation: You will have to take concrete steps and pursue and manage your online reputation in a consistent manner. This will help you with ORM.
These are the main points you need to focus on.